The plaque psoriasis is most common type of psoriasis.
This disease causes the affected redness, skin thickening, scaly skin (silver or white) and patchy skin rashes.
The condition may occur anywhere on the body but most often occurs on the scalp, elbows, knees and the lower back. The disease is not contagious and is more common in adults than in children.
Fortunately, the condition is treatable with medication, but also with natural remedies. These are just a few of these types of treatment and how should you use for an efficient management of psoriasis.
- Expose yourself to sunlight. Sun exposure is a proven remedy to combat psoriasis. More than 80% of people who follow this treatment shows a significant improvement of symptoms of psoriasis. The trick is to overdo not it - excessive exposure to sunlight will not do something other than worsen the disease manifestations.
- Oils and oatmeal. Other natural options for treating psoriasis include the use of oils, aloe vera and tea tree alongside oatmeal baths to relieve itching skin.
Practice your relaxation techniques. Stress tends to aggravate psoriasis, so relaxation techniques may help reduce symptoms. Any activity that will help you relax, such as walking in the park, yoga, deep breathing and tai chi, may help to ease symptoms.
- Climatotherapy. For decades, people have claimed that the visit to the Dead Sea in Israel, is a highly effective treatment for psoriasis. The sun and water that is 10 times saltier than the oceans are considered to be the perfect combination for healing of psoriasis. It may sound like a myth, but scientific evidence suggests that this form of treatment works. In studies, 80-90% of patients experienced a significant improvement of condition after visiting the Dead Sea. Nearly half of rashes of the subjects have disappeared for the next few months.
- Bathroom in vinegar. Like aloe vera, apple cider vinegar has a long history of use for calming minor burns and other skin inflammation and is also a disinfectant. According to experts, some patients with psoriasis have reported successful treatment of the disease following the use vinegar. Treatment can be done in the form of compresses - cotton towels soaked in vinegar diluted with water. It also, the vinegar diminishes and itchy sensation.
- Wrap with plastic wrap. Doctors already long time knew that the coverage psoriasis